Matt's attempt to take a family picture...I guess this is fitting?
Javi absolutely loves the camera!
Our sleeping beauty, decked out in his Fall duds (courtesy of Grandma Soto).
'How you doin'?Where, oh where, did the time go?? Is it really October 1st? What a wonderful time of year it is. Truly, this is my favorite month and favorite season. I love the drop in temperature, a nice cool breeze, opening windows, the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg and cloves, stockpiles of candy on the shelves in the grocery store (although I try to avoid those), watching The Legend of Sleepy Hollow while sipping cider, picking out that perfect pumpkin....and now I get to share all of that with our son! Granted, he's a bit small to even have a clue what's going on, but I like to pretend he does. We even ordered a Halloween costume for him (who knew they had so much to choose from for someone so small?).
Javi will be 4 months on the 11th. It just blows my mind to think about how fast time has gone by. I know, I say that nearly every time I blog. But it's so true. Even wilder, I think about what I was doing this time last year. It was around this time last year that I found out I was having a baby. I couldn't exactly picture what our lives were going to be like once he got here. And now that he's here, I almost have a hard time remebering what our lives were like without him! He totally completes us in every way possible. I thought being married was great fun, but being a family? It really is a gift from God.
I don't have too many milestones to report right now. Javi rolled over at two weeks and since then, hasn't had any interest in rolling over again! He is so close to having full control of his head. He's almost there, but tends to slump over when he gets tired. He is a wonderful sleeper. While the number of daily naps he takes has decreased quite a bit, he makes up for it by sleeping through the night! Just last night, he slept for nearly ten hours! My mom encouraged me to take him on evening walks and I really think the fresh air helped him sleep like a, well...baby. We both really look forward to those walks too! Eric really enjoys hanging out with him in the afternoon when he gets home from work. I often find him watching TV with Javi asleep on his chest. Sometimes they are both asleep! We're also thrilled that he can make it through all of Mass on Sundays. (Hey, I know adults who can't even do this!)
Javi will be 4 months on the 11th. It just blows my mind to think about how fast time has gone by. I know, I say that nearly every time I blog. But it's so true. Even wilder, I think about what I was doing this time last year. It was around this time last year that I found out I was having a baby. I couldn't exactly picture what our lives were going to be like once he got here. And now that he's here, I almost have a hard time remebering what our lives were like without him! He totally completes us in every way possible. I thought being married was great fun, but being a family? It really is a gift from God.
I don't have too many milestones to report right now. Javi rolled over at two weeks and since then, hasn't had any interest in rolling over again! He is so close to having full control of his head. He's almost there, but tends to slump over when he gets tired. He is a wonderful sleeper. While the number of daily naps he takes has decreased quite a bit, he makes up for it by sleeping through the night! Just last night, he slept for nearly ten hours! My mom encouraged me to take him on evening walks and I really think the fresh air helped him sleep like a, well...baby. We both really look forward to those walks too! Eric really enjoys hanging out with him in the afternoon when he gets home from work. I often find him watching TV with Javi asleep on his chest. Sometimes they are both asleep! We're also thrilled that he can make it through all of Mass on Sundays. (Hey, I know adults who can't even do this!)
Other great recent highlights:
- I returned to work on 9/4 and it couldn't have been an easier transition. We are so blessed to have Christy, our oustanding babysitter!
- Eric sat 1st row at the 40-yard line at the Georgia Tech/Clemson game (thanks to our wonderful GM) and even made it on ESPN. What a great game and a great win for Tech!!
- We celebrated our 5-year anniversary with a night out (just us) to Sal Grosso where we had the most incredible dinner and some of the greatest cocktails we've ever had!
- I got a new laptop for our anniversary (thank you, honey!!!!)
Anyway, it's just so nice that Fall is here and that we can experience more 'firsts' with Javi. Stay tuned for Halloween pictures.
God's been good to us!

No comments:
Post a Comment