
29...Oh, sweet 29. Where did my twenties go? This day in 1980 I entered the world after what my mother describes as a long and grueling labor. I can't even relate, as I never went into labor and my semi-planned C-section only took 15 minutes. Wow...did that actually happen four whole months ago? This time last year, I was newly pregnant. I think I'd only know for about five days. People had asked me over and over 'What do you want for your birthday?' And my reply was always the same...'a baby.' And just days before my birthday, the little white stick showed up positive and I got my birthday wish!
I am so thankful for all that I have in my life. I am so blessed to have wonderful family and friends who are in good health. I am thankful for a roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in and a safe place to call home. I am thankful for a fun job that I enjoy every day. I am thankful to be married to the man who I wanted to marry when I was eight years old. I fall more in love with him every day. I am thankful for Javier, who is my heart and soul. I see God every time I look at his face. He is without a doubt the only gift I could ever want or need. I thank God for choosing us to be his parents. And I thank my husband for giving him to me!
So that is all the blog I have for today...short and sweet.
I am still aiming for 100, but here's to 29, the last year of my twenties!
No comments:
Post a Comment