Thursday, July 2, 2009

Oh, Baby!

Javi in his Fisher Price Little Lamb Swing....best $160 we ever spent!
Our beautiful little miracle!


Wow....where has the time gone??? Today it's been three weeks since that wild day that changed our lives forever! I apologize for being MIA for several weeks, but hey, I've had a pretty good excuse...don't you think? Javier is three weeks old today! And what a wild ride it's been!! After spending six days in the hospital recovering from a C-section, we came home to spend two weeks with my mother. Honestly, I don't have a clue how we would have done it without her! Between my weak and sore condition, and the sleep-deprived mental state we were both in, we could both barely function as one adult combined! My mom came to our rescue though. She kept the house clean (which we somehow managed to completely trash every day), kept the laundry constantly cycling through, cooked three meals a day (we've not eaten this well since....well...never?) and even gave us the luxery of taking Javi after his second feeding of the night (usually around 6 or 7am) so we could get a few more hours of sleep. Wow, was that nice!!

Dad, Elise and Matt all arived last Friday and stayed through Sunday. We had such a fun, relaxing time with them but finally had to say goodbye so everyone could return back to home and work. It was so hard to say goodbye to my mom I know it won't be long till she's back since she's already going through 'Javi withdrawl.' Eric's mom arrived a few hours later that same Sunday and is staying with us through the end of the week. She's also been a huge help with Javi, along with cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping and more!

Javi is the sweetest, most pleasant little baby. Granted, he still has a temper that shows up when he's hungry or needs to be changed. In fact, when he's really angry, he seems to be at his absolute strongest! At only 8 days old, he was completely lifting his head when we'd put him on in stomach for play time. Then at two and a half weeks, he rolled over....twice!! He sleeps so much during the day that when he actually opens his eyes, we're both all over him till he falls asleep again. I could literally stare at his beautiful little face for hours!

I am still getting used to my body. In less than three weeks, I managed to lose 39 pounds with absolutely no effort! (That should give you an indictation as to how much weight I actually gained! ) I'm already twenty pounds from my pre-pregancy weight, so I look forward to being able to exercise in the coming weeks when the doctor gives me the 'okay.' The other day we ran a couple errands and I realized that for the first time in months, nobody was staring at me! For the longest time, I couldn't go to a public place without a dozen people gawking at my enormous belly and making stupid remarks about my size. This time, nobody paid one bit of attention to me and I really liked it!
Next week I will more or less be on my own with Javi. Eric is planning to go back to work, so I really hope I can manage without him, but I'm sure I will figure it all out. Right now, we're all just trying to get our schedule in synch with his so we can all get some rest at night. And even when we don't, he's still completely worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment