I honestly can't believe that my due date is a week from tomorrow. Seriously...when did 9 months turn into 8 days?? We have pretty much turned the house upside-down trying to get ready for the baby, ready for company, and well, just ready to my liking so that the house is one less thing for me to worry about in the weeks and months to come. My bag is packed and I've been trying not stare at it. Have I mentioned lately just how incredibly uncomfortable I am?? When people told me that the last few weeks would be miserable, they weren't exaggerating! Every body part hurts and aches all day long...I'm heavy...it's hard to walk...my feet are so swollen, they look like they belong to an ogre...it's impossible to sleep and I'm aware that I'm pretty grouchy. It also doesn't help that every day when I come to the station, I'm asked by about a dozen people 'you haven't had that baby yet?!' Sometimes I'm polite and don't say much...other times I have some smart-ass response like 'yes, I did...I'm now pregnant with my second one. You didn't know?'
And the heat is getting pretty ridiculous! At night, I keep the thermostat set to the equivilent of a meat locker along with our ceiling fan on full blast. And as an added bonus, I found our little portable fan in the basement when I was cleaning. Jackpot! I now have that blowing on me in addition to everything else. Poor Eric...he has to bundle up at night to keep from getting frostbite, meanwhile I still feel like I'm stuck with my head in the oven! The other day, he woke up and told me he had dreamed that he was driving through the mountains on a Fall day in a convertible with the cold wind blowing in his face. When he woke up, he realized that the little fan had been blowing directly on him all night. Oops! I couldn't help but laugh, though!
I will tell you that as miserable as I am, the one thing that keeps me going is knowing that in a matter of days I get to hold my little baby boy in my arms! I absolutely can't wait to see what his little face looks like...his eyes, his hair, his little nose...who will he look like? I am so excited, I really can't contain myself!!! I find myself walking past his nursery and can't help but turn on his little Snoopy mobile above the crib. I love to listen to it and imagine what it will be like to see a beautiful little baby sound asleep. We are so lucky!
Now, if he would just hurry up and get here!!
No comments:
Post a Comment